It’s that time of the year again!
Pegasus Theater Company is now accepting submissions for its 12th Annual New Short Play Festival. In 2006 Pegasus revived the artistry of the short-form play in the North Bay, and ever since then, Tapas has been a big draw for audiences who love to experience everything from farce to tragedy in one evening’s kaleidoscope of entertainment.
All plays submitted must:
- Be 10 minutes or under (assume one minute per standard script-style page).
- Be unpublished and have never been locally produced (i.e., produced in Sonoma County).
- Be written by a Bay Area playwright from one of the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma.
- Contain no more than 5 characters.
- Be in a PDF format and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be received by midnight on April 1, 2018.
The winning plays will be announced by June 1.
Please be aware that Tapas is produced as true black box theater. The stage is small and all set pieces are created using black stage boxes. Technical effects should be kept to a minimum.
Please do not submit more than 2 plays.
Any questions may be sent to email@example.com.